map-marker Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

They keep lying

took 5 weeks for them to install carpet they keep telling me they have taken 250.00 dollars off the bill they have not, call and say it's in the mail then she called and said she would bring it to me it's one story after another bad business lying and taking a 90 yrs old moneyno

User's recommendation: no recommendions

Michael W Opt

| map-marker Suffolk, Virginia

Roma off Renovation installed my new hardwood floor a year ago and it is currently cupping and buckling.

I am not satisfied with the work that Romanoff installation did in my home.they installed my hardwood floor and eight months later my new floor started cupping and buckling, now they are telling me that I have moisture issues,so now I have to live with the cupping and buckling in my home,they refuse to help me.

User's recommendation: Do not use Romanoff installation,I had a bad experience with them.

Jack B Apw

Romanoff Renovations - Home Depot Should Be Ashamed - Image 2
Romanoff Renovations - Home Depot Should Be Ashamed - Image 3
Romanoff Renovations - Home Depot Should Be Ashamed - Image 4
Original review Jan 18, 2022

Romanoff came out for a bathroom vinyl installation in a million dollar home. They cut the vinyl too short on one section and covered it up with a huge caulk line!

They also damaged my wall, which now needs to be repaired, textured and painted. The tub, walls and flooring are all beige and earth tones, and they chose to come in with brilliant white caulking, that they then applied unevenly, and spread with their fingers. They've been out three times over 8 months to "fix" the problems, but none have resulted in a professional installation. The last time they scheduled a date to come out (2 months in the future), they never showed.

Home Depot seems to be at a loss to control these people, and pays them anyway. STAY AWAY!

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOME DEPOT INSTALLER!

Frustrated r

| map-marker Poulsbo, Washington

Train wreck

Romanoff Renovations - Train wreck

Came out to install slate floor in my home, cut and pulled all the carpet, set out tile and was sealing it when a supervisor came out. Supervisor left and called an hour later, the guys informed me they needed to stop and they left, leaving me with no flooring and furniture stacked everywhere.

They claimed they were unable to install the tile on soft crete. Eventually I had it installed by another company, and every flooring company I called, laughed at the fact Romonoff was unable to do the work.

Absolutely horrible customer service, lack of professionalism and ethics. I would recommend using any other company than Romonoff.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Nothing

Romanoff Renovations - Very bad install - Image 2
Romanoff Renovations - Very bad install - Image 3
Romanoff Renovations - Very bad install - Image 4
Romanoff Renovations - Very bad install - Image 5

Had this carpet installed 5 years ago, the seams are very visible and was told they would disappear after they installed, 5 years later they are still there! I contacted Home Depot and they stated that Romanoff would come out and inspect for $195 since its out of warranty.

I respectfully declined. Ill never buy carpet from Home Depot due to this contractor not doing the right thing and taking care of Home Depot customers. Remember, theres a reason they say free install because its garbage!

Goodbye Home Depot! Taking my business elsewhere!

map-marker Hampton, Virginia

Phone call for VEHICLE SERVICING

When the *** did they start calling about car warranties and repairs on my carCar warranty

757-337-**** is displayed the phone number you called from

User's recommendation: Verufy

Victor P Yyy
map-marker Virginia Beach, Virginia

Floor Install

This is Victor Pisone, 757-348-****. Nikolai and Alex came back to finish our kitchen with luxury vinyl planking.

They installed it under our built-in stove, which didn't originally have finished flooring, only subflooring. This caused our stove to sit too high and would not fit back in slot. Called Romanoff, Chesapeake, and they were supposed to get back to me. They did not.

We pulled out the stove and re-adjusted legs underneath ourselves. It fits better, but still somewhat of a gap,Stove to countertop.Please see pictures.

map-marker Bremerton, Washington

Horrible service

Had one of the worst experiences with a vendor, that I can remember. Went to your flooring dept.

at your Poulsbo Washington location picked a slate flooring and scheduled installation. After waiting 2 months Romanoff Renovations show up today, pull my carpet, cutting it into pieces, remove it with padding, lay out my slate, call manager, manager comes, installers leave. Evidently they do not like to install flooring on chip Crete, which is what I have over my radiant floor heating system. I am sitting in my home with no flooring and no resolution other than oops sorry, we can refund you your money.

Crystal (from flooring) and Shannon (store manager) were absolutely no help. This is how you operate? The measurer came out 2 months ago, measured, pulled a corner of carpet and indicated the subfloor, so what's the problem? Why am I sitting in my home with no flooring and no help!!

As my records will show, I have spent $15,000.

at Home Depot this year and hundreds of thousands over the past decades. This is completely unacceptable.

User's recommendation: Stay away!!

Anthony C Lnh

Verified Reviewer

Home Depot uses Romanoff to do their installs........

I spent over $2000.00 purchasing Laminate Wood Flooring for two of my bedrooms. The Installers were Romanoff Renovations.

They were supposed to use two days fo complete the full install including full baseboard to both bedrooms. They came over and were here for only a few hours, stole two rolls of extra padding used under the flooring, and left a full box of caulking that they never used and simply left! Never heard back from them! Trying to call them was useless as a recording said they could not take any messages and to try again some other time.

I contact Home Depot and they got through.

I received a text message they will be here at 12 noon. They never showed up!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Cheat and steal

Preferred solution: I already have a full refund from Home Depot. I actually "Fired" Romanoff and told them to stay off my property!

User's recommendation: Beware of doing any installations with Home Depot using Romanoff Renovations! They Lie, Cheat, and Steal!

Florence C

Change my review

Romanoff Renovations - Change my review
Romanoff Renovations - Change my review - Image 2
Romanoff Renovations - Change my review - Image 3

Regrettably, I gave a good review right after the gentlemen left. One promised to come back the following week to install three thresholds, something that is normally a part of any floor installation.

I even agreed to pay extra if extra work was required. The next week when I called for a time, he said he was too busy to do it. I called Romanoff Renovations and was told that no one at their floor installation company was available to install the thresholds. I was very disappointed especially since I had paid for them to install flooring in a large walk-in closet and said that they could skip it.

We are senior citizens living with a two year old and the room transitions are not safe. They had been paid by Home Depot, they didn't complete the job and didn't seem to care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Go elsewhere!

map-marker Charlotte, North Carolina

Poor planning, never got to my house, I cancelled

Not enough help to do the job. Not enough help to do the job.

Not enough help to do the job.Not enough help to do the job.

Question about Romanoff workers

Has anyone ever had anything stolen or mysteriously vanish after a romanoff job? Pls check and pls let me know.

I had romanoff install carpet recently and they had to go through the garage to get to the rooms and now missing some valuable items.

anyone else had a similar experience?? Thank you

Preferred solution: Find and return my missing items ASAP

Leo P Hgl

Bad service

came to replace carpet got half finished and said they had to go get "TAPE" never returned 1 room done all carpet tore up big rolls of carpet everwhere didnt seed another crew back to finish for 8 day on 12/24 christmas eve. crew told manger i said i just had covid and take there mask off. BS lie

Cons:
  • Customer service

Preferred solution: Price reduction

Lori S Ygc
map-marker Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Cancelled at last minute. Couldn’t talk to a person for rescheduling. Computer rescheduled for 5 weeks later. Horrible customer service!

After prepping my entire house for carpet installation, Romanoff called within an hour of their planned arrival time to cancel. A computer rescheduled for five weeks later.

I tried for hours to reach a person and they do not let that happen. The only contact is automated and no customer service what so ever! I had to cancel the entire order, which was in place for more than two months. I will NEVER use this company again.

Its too bad that Home Depot doesnt break their ties with them. When I contacted Home Depot to cancel, they said they get complaints about this company all the time. Dont waste your time.

Go elsewhere. It will be worth it.

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay far away from this company.

Jan F Tsv

Poor Service

Original review Oct 28, 2020

We went through Home Depot for a flooring project of 3 rooms. Two were carpet and one was plank flooring.

The carpet Install went well and was done good, but they only sent one person to move all the furniture. The plank flooring team of two came ripped out all our carpet then said the floor was not level and could not help us. We hired a handyman to level our concrete floor for the installation. We are now on day five with no re-schedule for the project, and they have been paid in advance.

The Worst Customer Service ever.

They promise to call with a re-schedule appointment but never return the call.

Just called 10/28/2020 with a promise of install 10/29/2020 or 10/30/2020. I'll come back to post if this actually happens as promised and I'm satisfied with the install.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Do not use Romanoff if you get off schedule for some unforeseen problem they can't get you rescheduled promptly.

Kody K

Lost tools

I work direct for Romanov back in August and September. I had a family emergency out of state when I get back I find out that the former boss Jeff and my direct boss Neil, both have quit.

Neil said he left the tools with Jeffrey in the office, so I called to get them, and they told me that they cannot find them I had probably the entire tool test was about $150 worth of tools including the box itself. They're telling me that there's nothing they can do about it, if this is how direct employees are treated by Romanov it's a shame

Loss:
Pros:
  • Paid time off
Cons:
  • Lack of care for employees things
  • Bad service

Preferred solution: Replace tools and the box it was in

About

Summary

Romanoff Renovations is a remodeling company in Atlanta, Georgia offering a large selection of flooring solutions to local community. A team of professionals works on projects Monday through Friday accepting prior appointments from the public. The company was launched in 1974. Aaron Ribner is the Chief Executive Officer of Romanoff Renovations. Along with its 700 associates, the company has hundreds of thousands of professional contractors who work on projects of different scale for local communities across the nation. Flooring installation, Carpet Installation, Hardwood Installation, Ceramic and Stone Installation, Vinyl Installation, Laminate Installation, Commercial Installation are among the services offered by Romanoff Renovations.

Romanoff Renovations reviews and complaints

Romanoff Renovations is ranked 56 out of 294 in Flooring and Tiling category

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article